Vitamin C in different forms
Vitamin C Serum is a product that should be in your cosmetic closet. It is packed with powerful antioxidants that can protect your skin from damaging free radicals.
Vitamin C can be taken orally as a supplement and in your fruit and veggies. Foods rich in vitamin C are Citrus fruits, raspberries, papaya, Strawberries and vegetables like broccoli and leafy greens.
Vitamin C has daily absorption limit and that is why it is encouraged to apply topically to benefit greatly from this power house antioxidants.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- It reduces hyper pigmentation
- It provides essential collagen support
- It prevents changes due to photo-aging
Simple DIY Vitamin C Serum you can whip at home
- 1 teaspoon vitamin c powder (GMO-free)
- 1 teaspoon filtered or purified water
- 1 ½ tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil.
- Using a bowl and a whisk, blend vitamin C powder and filtered water
- Add aloe vera gel. Blend in
- Add vitamin E and frankincense . Blend in
- Using a funnel, transfer the serum into a small amber bottle
Use once daily and dispose after 2 weeks. Vitamin C is highly unstable . It is advisable to mix a fresh batch every 2 weeks.